On the 7th of Novembre we went to Creche Nova Esperança to do community work. Our school works with Creche Nova Esperança for a long time, we give donations (money, clothes, toys). We both had opinions about what we learnt from this experience, though we both have a similar idea.
Jacinta´s Opinion:
How was our experience?
This creche was for kids from the ages of 3-8. Unfortunately there weren´t many kids, most of them went back to where they are from. They wouldn´t allow any more children to go in until next year. This creche is in a space that a private school gave them. This experience was very good because we could play all day with them and actually learn from them. We also saw what they would do in their every day lives.
What did we do?
We played in the sand pit for a while, but then it got too hot and it would be bad for the kids so we went back in. We also started to separte wool to make and stuff some dolls. We were separated into 2 groups. One made bread with the kids, and the other played with them. I would like to go back and know more about them. This experience showed me how this creche helps them. They will learn to be creative, instead of having to stay in their houses, and grow up to be people they reget.
Maria´s Opinion:
What I have learnt:
I have learnt that community service makes not only the people you are help happier but also yourself. I also learnt that we should appreciate what we have because some people aren´t that fortunate. I didn´t expect to learn from the children, but I learnt how to make bread.
I thought the creche was a very peacefull and happy place for the kids. The children seemed very happy and I think our visit was very entertaining and fun for the kind children.
My suggestions to people that want to play with children of those age (3-8 ) would be, playing hide and seek, dress up and simply and keep them entertained so they can have a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment